Legal Complaint / Assistance

The California State NAACP Chapter works as a liaison between legal agencies and services, but does not offer any on-site legal services.

If you wish to file a complaint, please contact your local NAACP unit and fill out a complaint form.

Agencies We Recommend

For issues concerning employment, please contact the Department of Fair Employment and Housing ( Also contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, with offices located in Oakland and San Francisco (

For issues concerning racial profiling, contact your local Sheriff's Office or your local police department (

For human rights issues, you can file a complaint with the Sacramento County Human Rights Commission (

For all low-income civil cases, you can obtain free representation with the Legal Services of Northern California (